I had so many of you go and purchase the dress from my last “under $300” designer inspired outfit that I decided to do another one with a few more of my latest finds! One of the questions I get asked most is how I manage to look ‘expensive’ without spending a ton of $$$.
My secrets are:
- Finding pieces that are good quality fabrics
- Say no to too much polyester!
- Classic designs
- I stay away from a lot of fast fashion trends that only end up lasting a few months or one season.
- Get even your inexpensive clothes tailored! Nothing looks worse than a cheap outfit that also fits badly!
- A cohesive color palette
- Mixing bold colors and patterns is tricky, but striking the right balance is the difference between fashion and style!
- Minimal accessorizing
- Don’t get me wrong; I’m all about a statement necklace, but one statement at a time please!
- Wear 1 designer piece, mixed with less expensive options
- The queen of mixing designer and cheap brands is Up Close & Stylish! I’m always stalking her IG out for inspo!
So that’s it! My 5 biggest tips for making any outfit look more ‘expensive!’ Simple, yet effective!