If you are a newcomer to this blog, welcome! If you have been reading, even only for a few months, you know by now I have a major addiction to NeoStrata skin care products! Read about my previous NeoStrata (and sister company, Exuviance) product faves HERE! Today I’m talking to you about my latest luxury skin care love; The NEW Tri-Therapy Lifting Serum. I received this serum in November and really wanted to give it a couple of months to work it’s magic before I wrote a review. A lot of products I receive for free I will test out for a couple of days and then write my thoughts, but when I am lucky enough to receive a NeoStrata product I give it the time one would devote to a lover! After only 3 days of using it I wanted to shout from the rooftops that my 2018 skin was going to be the best of my life! But I restrained myself and continued to let it do its job until last week when I decided it was finally time to reveal to y’all the serum you need to go out and buy ASAP!
Let me start off by saying this bottle is 1.0 oz, but you only need 3 – 5 drops for your entire face (which is not even a fraction of one entire dropper full), so it is well worth the $100 price tag in my opinion, considering how long it’s going to last, and how effectively it works!
Okay, now for the 4-1-1! I actually stopped wearing makeup primer after using this serum a couple of weeks because it does everything a high-end primer will do, and more. SKIN ACTIVE Tri-Therapy Lifting Serum is formulated with a proprietary triple anti aging complex to help volumize and sculpt skin, filling the look of deep wrinkles and improving the appearance of skin laxity.
After cleaning my face every morning, I massage 5 drops of this serum into my face and neck, give it 60 seconds to soak in, then apply moisturizer.
Volumize slack skin
– Aminofil® helps plump and firm skin for a more lifted appearance
– Gluconolactone, formulated to enhance exfoliation and even pigment for enhanced clarity
– Low Molecular Weight (LMW) Hyaluronic Acid helps provide surface hydration and exfoliation for increased luminosity
Okay, so let’s break down what each of these ingredients mean, and what they did for me!
1. I’m always am wary of “volumizing” skin products because they tend to make my skin appear puffy (as if I’ve retained water) when I wake up, after using them. But NOT this one! The Aminofil ingredient doesn’t puff up the skin so much as it acts as a conditioner — it plumps from the surface, without drawing up excessive amounts of moisture to fill and lift, which means you’ll actually look rested, and not water-logged, the morning after putting this on!
2. The Gluconolactone does exactly what it promises to do… evens out your skin tone and reduces redness (and I even noticed my under-eye area was brighter/lighter), which means I had to use less makeup. This made such a difference in my skin tone that I forgot to use concealer after applying foundation and didn’t even realize until later because I just didn’t need it!
3. They had me at “Hyaluronic Acid.” Girl. You know I love me some H.A.! I cannot say enough good things about products with H.A. as an ingredient! It does wonders for your skin and if you are not using something containing H.A., skip your little fingers over to THIS LINK and snag this stuff, now!
One last note: I am not HUGE into serums… simply because at my age I haven’t really *needed* one — but as I’m fast approaching 30 things just aren’t where they used to be — let’s face it, our brows don’t stay as arched and our jawlines simply aren’t as tight as they were in cheer camp, circa 2007! However, after everything this serum has done for me, I will be buying more when I run out, and telling everyone in their 20s+ to BUY IT NOW. Any product that improves my skin texture and pigmentation to the point of being able to wear less/no makeup is going to become the MVP of my skin care routine, fast!
What do you think? Would you try this product out or tell a skin care junkie you know about it?