This post is a review on a product I received for free for testing purposes. All opinions are mine alone. #ExuvianceAgeReverse #gotitfree #BrandBacker
As I close in on my 30s the attention I give my appearance has narrowed down to one goal… My beauty routine now relies heavily on maintenance over everything else! It’s amazing how right our mothers and grandmothers end up being when they warn us of too much sun exposure, sleeping in our makeup and skipping the moisturizer. Oh, how I wish I had listened to all of them 10 years ago! One of the reasons I believe the matriarchy is so concerned with maintenance beauty is because they simply did not have the products and science on their side that we now enjoy! It’s amazing how many truly amazing products have been invented in the age-reversal field in the last 10 years!
One such product came across my path recently that I was convinced to try after discovering one’s hands are one of the first things to begin aging! Hand skin health is sadly neglected in the maintenance department for many women in their 20s and 30s. If you are looking for a starting point in your beauty maintenance routine please give your hands some special attention ASAP!
I have to treat my skin and hair with a little extra TLC in the Winter months because of the dry, cold air. Today I’m dishing on my Winter Beauty musts and discussing why each one is in my routine. Please know that I am in no way qualified to prescribe any sort of treatments or supplements, so if you’re thinking about switching up your skin or hair care routine, please consult with your physician before trying anything new or unfamiliar!
- Vitamins: Everyone has different vitamin and supplement needs and I take extra care to stick to taking my particular blend every day to stay healthy. A few of my favorites are Rasberry Ketone (to help curb those Holiday sweets cravings!), Biotin (to boost overall health) and Stress B Complex (all the B vitamins to keep me out of those winter blues!).
- Hair: I’ve long touted the incredible health benefits of Thieves Essential Oil blend because it’s helped me in so many ways over the years. One of my favorite ways to use it is as a scalp cleanse. After shampooing my hair I will spray diluted Thieves on my scalp and let sit for 15 minutes before rinsing and going about my day. This rids my hair follicles of build up and oils and leaves my hair feeling and looking healthier, as well as promoting growth. I’m also loving It’s a 10 Miracle Leave in Product. One bottle lasts me about 4 months and I spray it on my hair after washing, before blow drying. This stuff truly is amazing; it leaves my hair shiny and bouncy with zero frizz or static.
- Skin: Even when I neglect other beauty regimens I always take care of my facial skin! Right now a combination of Biore Charcoal Pore Minimizer, L’Oreal Youth Code Pore Minimizer and L’Oreal Revitalift Night cream is my power trio! Truthfully, I’ve been using this combo for almost 2 years and I thought it was time to share! I find that pore care is essential for my normal/dry skin in the Winter.
- If you haven’t heard about the restorative properties of Collagen you should check it out! I’ve been taking Collagen for over 4 years now and am especially mindful of making it part of my morning routine to take along with a vitamin C tablet. The glycine in Vital Proteins Collagen works amazingly towards lowering inflammation, which in turn can prevent many health issues. I also like the Great Lakes Collagen because it’s cold liquid soluble and I can shake some up in almond milk in the mornings.
- Lastly, even if I don’t eat healthily the rest of the day, I make sure that my breakfast gives me a good kick start! Because there are so many germs floating around this time of year I make it a priority to ingest foods that support a healthy body and immune system! I’d much rather work on prevention than getting better from being sick and eating a good breakfast is part of that for me. A typical Winter breakfast for me includes eggs cooked in coconut oil, avocado and honey mustard on an English muffin or sandwich thin along with chopped banana or pineapple and 8 oz of unsweetened almond milk with 2 Tbsp of collagen.
Maintaining a healthy routine is so important when the stress levels of Holidays go up and temperatures drop outside!
What are you Winter health and beauty must-haves?